Small blurbs of the nonsense in my head

I want to talk about it but I don't know how. I want to get better but I don't know how.
-----
I couldn't listen to my favorite song about letting go without hearing I'm sorry in every beat
I couldn't listen to a love song without hearing your name in the melody
I couldn't pretend to forget you without the last words you said to me spilling from my mouth
-----
She told me she missed me and I wanted to scream that she never even knew me
I wanted to tell my father to turn the car around and drive as far from here as we can get
I wanted to run until I didn't remember her name
I took the safe road and told her I missed her too
Because as much as I want to run I don't want our conversation to end
I know I will never talk to her again
She doesn't respond
I took too long to reply 
It is all over now
Forever
-----
And there we were 
Two little fading girls giving each other small tips and tricks on how to disappear
For a second I almost felt normal
-----
It is days like these that I truly realize that I am smaller than the sky 
It feels like hands are choking me
I'm pretty sure they are my own
My hands feel haunted
There are bloody fingerprints on my visible bones
I hear gunshots from the graveyard
I'm not afraid 
Not anymore
I am reminded that it is hunting season
And I am prey
Yet I am not as afraid of the gunshots as I am of my heartbeat
One of them reminds me I am alive while the other reminds me I don't want to be
-----
I need to stop breaking peoples heart over text.





Comments

Popular Posts